BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 SOLD BY THE FOOT
BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 – REPRODUCTION
$6.00 per one foot. The ribbon is 1.25 inches wide and has three vertical stripes of dark blue, red and light blue. The dark blue stripe represents the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red stripe the Armies and the light blue stripe the Air Forces.
The ribbon for this medal, along with those of the other Second World War campaign stars, is reputed to have been designed by King George VI, with the three equal bands representing the equal contributions towards victory of the Royal Navy, Army, and the Royal Air Force respectively. – The 1939–45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- – The 1939–45 Star is a six–pointed star of yellow copper zinc alloy, with a height of 44mm and maximum width of 38mm.
- – The obverse has a central design of the Royal Cypher, surmounted by a crown. The cypher is surrounded by a circlet containing the words ‘The 1939–45 Star’.
- – Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- – Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- – Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- – Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days. The star was immediately awarded if the service period was terminated by death, disability or wounding.
- Military Tour
- Vendor: Doug Johnston
210 Dufferin Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2W 2X5
GERMAN RUBBER EYE CUP FOR THE K-98 SCOPE – Straight
German WWII straight type rubber eye cup for the K98 Mauser rifle scope. The eye cup served not only to make shooting more comfortable but also to help reduce the glare from the lens. This is made from a good…
CANADIAN WW2 OR KOREAN WAR ANCHOR SPOOL COTTON CLARK & Cos CABLED THREAD N. 30
Natural finish khaki cotton thread No. 30 4 Ply 200 yd spool ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA
WWII GERMAN LARGE CIGARETTE CARD FROM THE ADOLF HITLER SET, GROUP 63, CARD 30
This is one cigarette card from the collectible set ADOLF HITLER. Collective work No., 15 Group 63, Image No. 30. "9, November 1934 in Munich. The Führer Speaks in Front of the Field Marshals' Hall to the Relatives of the…
GERMAN WWI DEATH CARD FOR PIONEER REGIMENT OBERGEFREITER FERDINAND KILLINGER
German death card for WWII soldier and master baker Pioneer Regiment Obergefreiter ERDINAND KILLINGER who died at the age of 22 in battle on April 26, 1943. This card measures about 2.5" x 4.25" unfolded. It is a single sided,…
GERMAN MGZ40 OPTICAL SIGHTS RUBBER EYE PIECE – SMALL
German WWII flared type rubber eye cup for the MGZ 40 sight that was used on the Lafette mount. The MGZ 40 sight was introduced after the MGZ sight and allowed the shooter to have their head lower and thus…