BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 SOLD BY THE FOOT
BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 – REPRODUCTION
$6.00 per one foot. The ribbon is 1.25 inches wide and has three vertical stripes of dark blue, red and light blue. The dark blue stripe represents the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red stripe the Armies and the light blue stripe the Air Forces.
The ribbon for this medal, along with those of the other Second World War campaign stars, is reputed to have been designed by King George VI, with the three equal bands representing the equal contributions towards victory of the Royal Navy, Army, and the Royal Air Force respectively. – The 1939–45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- – The 1939–45 Star is a six–pointed star of yellow copper zinc alloy, with a height of 44mm and maximum width of 38mm.
- – The obverse has a central design of the Royal Cypher, surmounted by a crown. The cypher is surrounded by a circlet containing the words ‘The 1939–45 Star’.
- – Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- – Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- – Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- – Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days. The star was immediately awarded if the service period was terminated by death, disability or wounding.
- Military Tour
- Vendor: Doug Johnston
210 Dufferin Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2W 2X5
ORIGINAL WWII BRITISH ARMY JACK KNIFE ROPE LANYARD
An original WW2 issue rough string lanyard to hold the jack knife, it is in perfect condition and guaranteed to be of wartime manufacture. They measure 43 inches in length. ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA
GERMAN WW2 LAND MINE MARKER WARNING FLAG (SALTZ SPURFAHNCHEN)
THIS GERMAN MINE FLAG MARKER METAL STAKE IS ORIGINAL AND COMES WITH A REPRODUCTION SKULL + CROSSBONES YELLOW FLAG German WW2 mine flag marker is of red heavy-gauge steel rod construction. Two steel rods can also be attached to each other…
GERMAN GENERAL INSIGNIA SET – ARMY
This set comes with 4 pieces for the German General Insignia Set - Army from WW2. GERMAN ARMY GENERALS BREAST EAGLE (I-169) Gold on field grey. High quality bullion. Hand embroidered with genuine bullion thread on a wool base. GERMAN WAFFEN SS GENERAL SHOULDER…
GERMAN WWI IRON CROSS 2nd CLASS WITH RIBBON ORIGINAL
3 piece construction with iron core The basic design of the WW1 IRON CROSS 2nd CLASS has the front of the cross bearing the date 1914 under a crowned 'W' monogram. The back of the cross bears an oak leaf…
GERMAN WW2 OFFICER M36 WOOL COMBAT TUNIC
eatures : Five silver pebbled buttons along the front 4 pleated pockets French cuffs Medal loops Interior has quality rayon lining, G.Assmann tailor label and owner label. Insignia and awards not included NOTE: As it's custom made garment, it will…