BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 SOLD BY THE FOOT
BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 – REPRODUCTION
$6.00 per one foot. The ribbon is 1.25 inches wide and has three vertical stripes of dark blue, red and light blue. The dark blue stripe represents the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red stripe the Armies and the light blue stripe the Air Forces.
The ribbon for this medal, along with those of the other Second World War campaign stars, is reputed to have been designed by King George VI, with the three equal bands representing the equal contributions towards victory of the Royal Navy, Army, and the Royal Air Force respectively. – The 1939–45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- – The 1939–45 Star is a six–pointed star of yellow copper zinc alloy, with a height of 44mm and maximum width of 38mm.
- – The obverse has a central design of the Royal Cypher, surmounted by a crown. The cypher is surrounded by a circlet containing the words ‘The 1939–45 Star’.
- – Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- – Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- – Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- – Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days. The star was immediately awarded if the service period was terminated by death, disability or wounding.
- Military Tour
- Vendor: Doug Johnston
210 Dufferin Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2W 2X5
HEINRICH HIMMLERS BLOOD ORDER CERTIFICATE AND PHOTOGRAPH
Beautiful aged reproduction of one of the most prestigious political awards of the Third Reich - order for participants of failed "Beer Hall Putsch". German name: Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 9. November 1923. This certificate is 60% of the…
RKO MOVIE STUDIO PATCH USMC 9TH AAF, 474TH FG, 428TH B.S. PATCH
9TH Army Air Force , 474th F. Group, 428TH squadron patche. ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA
GERMAN WW2 AGED 1/2 BASKET CHICKEN WIRE HELMET COVER
These German M42 M40 and M35 chicken wire covers are made in europe. So they are made with good european chicken wire. This is a five-twist single strand chicken-wire half basket. Generally wire of the era was woven with three, five,…
7: U.S.A. THE CENTRAL STATES Aircraft Museums and Collections of the World
120 pages Listings of Aircraft Museums and Collections with addresses, information and photo's. ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA
WAFFEN SS HELMET COVER ANODIZED ROCKER CLIPS AND SPRINGS SET OF 3
Exact copy of the Waffen SS anodized aluminum rocker hooks and springs This is a set of 3 rocker clips and springs to finish off your German SS helmet cover that fits on the M35, M40 and M42 German WWII helmets.…