BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 SOLD BY THE FOOT
BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 – REPRODUCTION
$6.00 per one foot. The ribbon is 1.25 inches wide and has three vertical stripes of dark blue, red and light blue. The dark blue stripe represents the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red stripe the Armies and the light blue stripe the Air Forces.
The ribbon for this medal, along with those of the other Second World War campaign stars, is reputed to have been designed by King George VI, with the three equal bands representing the equal contributions towards victory of the Royal Navy, Army, and the Royal Air Force respectively. – The 1939–45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- – The 1939–45 Star is a six–pointed star of yellow copper zinc alloy, with a height of 44mm and maximum width of 38mm.
- – The obverse has a central design of the Royal Cypher, surmounted by a crown. The cypher is surrounded by a circlet containing the words ‘The 1939–45 Star’.
- – Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- – Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- – Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- – Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days. The star was immediately awarded if the service period was terminated by death, disability or wounding.
- Military Tour
- Vendor: Doug Johnston
210 Dufferin Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2W 2X5
WW2 BRITISH ARMY P37 WEBBING BRACES CROSS STRAPS PAIR BLANCO GREEN
British Army Pattern 37 webbing braces or also called cross straps. This is a set of 2 British Commonwealth braces that have been blancoed green. Blanco was a compound used primarily by soldiers throughout the Commonwealth from 1880 onwards to clean…
GERMAN SS OAK A TYPE 1 REVERSIBLE HELMET COVER
The Waffen SS Oakleaf helmet cover has the reversible spring and fall pattern camouflage. The OAK A SS helmet cover pattern was copied directly from an original cover and comes with correct aluminum rocker hooks. The first type SS oak…
GERMAN CONFEDERATION 1815-1866 ( GERMANY ) FLAG
Very good quality flag patterned after the originals. Measures 3' X 5' and is made of durable polyester fabric, doubled stitched for added durability and includes grommets for hanging. ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA