BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 SOLD BY THE FOOT
BRITISH RIBBON FOR STAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL 1939-1945 – REPRODUCTION
$6.00 per one foot. The ribbon is 1.25 inches wide and has three vertical stripes of dark blue, red and light blue. The dark blue stripe represents the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red stripe the Armies and the light blue stripe the Air Forces.
The ribbon for this medal, along with those of the other Second World War campaign stars, is reputed to have been designed by King George VI, with the three equal bands representing the equal contributions towards victory of the Royal Navy, Army, and the Royal Air Force respectively. – The 1939–45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- – The 1939–45 Star is a six–pointed star of yellow copper zinc alloy, with a height of 44mm and maximum width of 38mm.
- – The obverse has a central design of the Royal Cypher, surmounted by a crown. The cypher is surrounded by a circlet containing the words ‘The 1939–45 Star’.
- – Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- – Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- – Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- – Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days. The star was immediately awarded if the service period was terminated by death, disability or wounding.
- Military Tour
- Vendor: Doug Johnston
210 Dufferin Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2W 2X5
GERMAN LUFTWAFFE SENIOR NCO AIR SIGNALS RADIO OPERATOR TRADE PATCH
This is a Luftwaffe NCO air signals "B" class radio operator's trade badge ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MILITARYTOUR.COM FOR MUCH MORE MILITARIA
GERMAN LUGER P-08 BAKELITE PISTOL GRIPS BLACK
This is a highly accurate reproduction of bakelite pistol grips for the German Luger P-08. It is made from cast phenolic resin just like orginal. It is almost impossible to tell the difference from original. 100% accurate in every detail.…
GERMAN WWII LAND MINE YELLOW MARKER WARNING FLAG (SALTZ SPURFAHNCHEN)
German WW2 yellow flag mine markers with skull and crossbones. The triangular flags are constructed of a tough yellow linen with black skull and crossbones to signify danger. The mine marker flags were used to mark areas of gas contaminated…